Benefits of Home Parcel
- Improve your conversion rate and increase sales. Customers increasingly want home delivery and expect it to be available at online store checkouts.
- Serve your customers better. According to studies, customers who chose home delivery are more satisfied.
- Decrease customer service contacts. Real-time item tracking decreases the number of customer service contacts.
Better customer experience
The updated Home Parcel service offers handy features that help you serve your customers even better. The item’s recipient can, for example, choose a suitable delivery time window in the calendar. The typical length of a delivery time window is 2–4 hours. Your customers can also choose a pickup point and give feedback.
Cheaper deliveries to big cities
By adding area pricing to your contract customer account, you can offer even cheaper Home Parcel delivery to the nine biggest cities in Finland – in other words, to over 2 million Finns. Alternatively, you can use a single price for all of Finland.
Home Parcel as a service
- We will contact the recipient usually on the next weekday from the day the order was placed to agree a delivery time.
- Delivery times vary from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., depending on the area. The customer can choose the delivery time window that suits them best. The length of a time window is usually 2–4 hours.
- Delivery without close contact during the COVID-19 pandemic: the driver sets the item down in front of the door and rings the doorbell. The driver will wait a few meters from the door until the customer has received the item.
Home Parcel dimensions
- Minimum dimensions: 15 x 15 x 1 cm, 100 g.
- Maximum dimensions: 120 x 60 x 60 cm, 35 kg.
- Maximum dimensions with the Oversized additional service: 300 x 120 x 60 cm.
The progress of an item
You can send Home Parcels easily using OmaPosti Pro, SmartShip, your online store’s plugins or integrations. You can order regular pickup or a single pickup for your parcels or take the parcels to the nearest Posti service point. The item must have an address label approved by Posti.
Add one of our useful additional services to a Home Parcel when sending. Check the price list for additional services. .
On weekdays, parcels are delivered on the same day in the capital region if the parcel arrives at the Posti terminal by 1 p.m. Parcels are delivered to the recipient’s home between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Cash on Delivery (COD)
The parcel will be handed over to the recipient once they have paid for it. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our drivers will not use payment terminals, which means that Cash on Delivery items are delivered to a Posti outlet.
Interested? Let Posti take care of your deliveries
How many parcels a month are you sending right now?
Register as a corporate customer
Sign an electronic contract with us and become a Posti customer – it only takes a few minutes. You will pay for the services according to use, and you can start sending parcels right away.
An electronic contract is a good fit for you if:
your business is registered in Finland (Finnish business ID).
you need to send parcels.
The registration process begins with identification. During the process, you will receive more detailed information about pricing, and we will direct you to OmaPosti Pro, where you can start sending. We will invoice you only for parcels sent.
You can also contact our sales team if:
you need services other than parcel sending services (e.g. warehousing, freight, pickup service).
your business is not registered in Finland.
If you don’t need a contract just now, or you are sending less than 30 parcels a month, you can send parcels right now with prepayment through our web service. Send parcels.