Per Sjödell, Frank Marthaler and Pertti Miettinen were elected to join Posti Group´s Board of Directors – Markku Pohjola continues as Chair
Posti Group Corporation's Annual General Meeting was held in Helsinki on March 27, 2018. In line with the Board of Directors' proposal, the Annual General Meeting decided to distribute a dividend of EUR 27 million based on the result in 2017 and an extra dividend of EUR 13 million. Dividend distribution is altogether EUR 40 million.
The meeting adopted the 2017 financial statements and discharged the members of the Supervisory Board, Board of Directors and President and CEO from liability.
Board of Directors
It was decided that the Board of Directors be composed of nine members.
The following persons will continue as members of the Board of Directors:
- B.Sc. (Econ.) Markku Pohjola
- Managing Director Suvi-Anne Siimes, Finnish Pension Alliance TELA
- M. Sc. (Econ.) Eero Hautaniemi
- Executive Director Petri Järvinen, Supply Chain, Coop Sverige
- Senior Financial Specialist Marja Pokela, Government Ownership Steering
- Board Professional Arja Talma
Kirsi Nuotto and Petri Kokko informed they are not available for re-election in the Board of Directors. The following persons were elected as new members of the Board of Directors.
- Board Professional Per Sjödell
- Board Professional Frank Marthaler
- Pertti Miettinen as an employee representative for one year pilot
Markku Pohjola was elected as the Chair of the Board of Directors and Suvi-Anne Siimes as the Deputy Chair.
- Posti has continued its determined postal transformation during 2017. With the new updated strategy our focus is vigorously focused on our core businesses, postal services, parcels and logistics services. The volumes in the parcel business last year reached all-time high. On behalf of the Board, we would like to thank our customers and stakeholders for their trust in Posti. I would also like to thank the employees for their good work, especially for the excellent Christmas season, says Markku Pohjola.
Frank Marthaler is an experienced professional in postal business, with many years of experience at Swiss Post. During 2007-2014 he has served as the CEO of Swiss Post Solutions. He is member of the Board of Directors of Trendcommerce Group, C-Level Media and Aletsch Bahnen.
Per Sjödell is founder and Chair of the Board of Directors of communications agency Red City PR. He is the Chair of the Board of Directors of Nordic Morning, Lyko Group and design agency Identity Works Ab. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of fashion brand Abury and Project Soar NGO. He has served as the CEO of Fiskars Sweden during 2012-2015 and as the Chair of the Board of Directors of Lindex in 2014-2017. In 2012-2018 he has served as a member of Board of Directors of Stockmann.
Pertti Miettinen is the National Chief Shop Steward of Posti Group Corporation. He joined Posti in 2015. During 2002-2015 he worked as a Working Conditions Specialist at Finnish Post and Logistics Union PAU. During 1995-2002 he worked as a Postal Worker at Posti.
- It was decided that the Supervisory Board be composed of 12 members.
The following persons will continue as members of the Supervisory Board:
- Maria Guzenina, MP, Social Democratic Party
- Rami Lehto, MP, Finns Party
- Eeva-Maria Maijala, MP, Centre Party
- Mats Nylund, MP, Swedish People's Party of Finland
- Juha Pylväs, MP, Centre Party
- Sari Raassina, MP, National Coalition Party
- Markku Rossi, MP, Centre Party
- Satu Taavitsainen, MP, Social Democratic Party
- Jani Toivola, MP, The Greens of Finland
MP Juhana Vartiainen, National Coalition Party, MP Kari Kulmala, Blue Reform and MP Silvia Modig, Left Alliance were elected as new members of the Supervisory Board.
Markku Rossi was re-elected as the Chair of the Supervisory Board and Jani Toivola as the Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Oy (PwC), a firm of authorized public accountants, was elected as Posti Group Corporation's auditor, with Authorized Public Accountant Merja Lindh as the principal auditor.
Board of Directors' and Supervisory Board's fees
The fees of the members of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Board remained mostly unchanged. Members of the Board of Directors receive a monthly remuneration and a meeting fee, and the meeting fee will be paid in double for the non-Finnish Board members. No Board remuneration be paid for the member of the Board of Directors employed by Posti Group. Members of the Supervisory Board receive a meeting fee.