Markku Pohjola elected as the new Chairman of Posti Group’s Board
Posti Group Corporation, Stock Exchange Release, March 27, 2017
Posti Group Corporation's Annual General Meeting was held in Helsinki on March 27, 2017. In line with the Board of Directors' proposal, the Annual General Meeting decided that a dividend of 69% of the Group's adjusted net profit, EUR 25 million be distributed. In addition to that, the Annual General Meeting decided in line with the Board of Directors' proposal that an extra dividend of EUR 35 million be distributed. Dividend distribution is altogether EUR 60 million.
The meeting adopted the 2016 financial statements and discharged the Supervisory Board, Board of Directors and President and CEO from liability.
Board of Directors
It was decided that the Board of Directors be composed of eight members.
The following will continue as members of the Board of Directors:
- Petri Järvinen, Global Supply Chain Planning Director, Mölnlycke Health Care, Sweden
- Petri Kokko, Director, Google Deutschland GmbH
- Kirsi Nuotto, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- Marja Pokela, Senior Financial Specialist, Government Ownership Steering Department, Prime Minister's Office
- Suvi-Anne Siimes, Managing Director, The Finnish Pension Alliance (TELA)
- Board Professional Arja Talma
The following were elected as new members of the Board of Directors:
- Markku Pohjola, ekonomi
- Eero Hautaniemi, President & CEO, Oriola-KD
Markku Pohjola was elected as the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Suvi-Anne Siimes as the Vice Chairman.
- It is very interesting and inspiring to come to Posti, which is in a good development stage and offers a wide variety of services and many opportunities for the Finnish consumers and companies also in the future. Posti's Board of Directors has together with Posti's employees taken important steps in renewing the company in the transformation of digitalization. Work of the Board of Directors has been in good hands and it's good to continue this work together with all Posti's employees, says Pohjola.
Pohjola has held several management positions at Nordea and its predecessors MeritaNordbanken, Merita and Suomen Yhdyspankki. He has been a Member and a Chairman of many Boards, lately at Tieto. Currently Pohjola is a Chairman of the Board at Finnvera and Koskitukku and is a Member of the Board at Onvest.
Hautaniemi has been President and CEO of Oriola-KD since 2006. Prior to that Hautaniemi served as President of GE Healthcare Finland, and as General Manager and Vice President of Oximetry,
Supplies and Accessories business area of GE Healthcare IT. He is a member of the Board of Finnish Commerce, Regional Director for the EMEA region of IFPW's (International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers) Board, a member of the GIRP Management Board and GIRP Treasurer (GIRP= The European Association of Pharmaceutical Full-line Wholesalers). He is also a Member of the Board of Directors of Lassila & Tikanoja.
Current Chairman of Posti Group's Board Arto Hiltunen has been in the Board since 2010, first as the Vice Chairman of the Board and since 2011 as the Chairman of the Board. According to the State's ownership policy, Board Member's term of office in a state-owned company is 5-7 years.
- My term of office is now over, thank you for these seven years for everyone. Years as the Chairman of the Board have been rewarding and a lot has happened. Posti has become more a service company and has gone through a thorough transformation, several performance improvement programs, organizational changes, a remarkable cultural change, created a new vision and strategy, changed its name back to Posti from Itella, done many M&As, decreased the number of its own postal outlets and renewed its mail delivery. And this is just to mention a few of them. I wish my successor good luck in his work and the all the best for everyone at Posti, says Arto Hiltunen.
It was decided that the Supervisory Board be composed of 12 members.
The following will continue as members of the Supervisory Board:
- Maria Guzenina, MP, Social Democratic Party
- Rami Lehto, MP, Finns Party
- Eeva-Maria Maijala, MP, Centre Party
- Sari Moisanen, Project Manager, House of Lapland, Left Alliance
- Mats Nylund, MP, Swedish People's Party of Finland
- Juha Pylväs, MP, Centre Party
- Sari Raassina, MP, National Coalition Party
- Lulu Ranne, Master of Science (Tech.), Finns Party
- Markku Rossi, MP, Centre Party
- Satu Taavitsainen, MP, Social Democratic Party
- Jani Toivola, MP, The Greens of Finland
- Kari Tolvanen, MP, Finns Party
Markku Rossi was re-elected as the Chairman of the Supervisory Board and Jani Toivola as the Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
The authorized public accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers Oy (PwC) was elected as Posti Group Corporation's auditor, with Authorized Public Accountant Merja Lindh as the principal auditor.
Board of Directors' and Supervisory Board's fees
No changes were made to the Board of Directors' or Supervisory Board's fees. Members of the Board of Directors receive a monthly remuneration and a meeting fee. Members of the Supervisory Board receive a meeting fee.