Fixed-term mail forwarding
When you order fixed-term mail forwarding, we deliver mail to the desired address at the time chosen by you. Service is subject to a charge.
- You will receive addressed postal items (letters, publications, bulk letters) and universal service parcels (so-called Postal Parcel product) that have been addressed to your permanent address at a different address, e.g. summer house, for a fixed period.
- We deliver mail to a mailbox at your holiday address with no extra charge (see Nearby Mailbox at summer home), provided that the mailbox is located next to the mailboxes of year-round residents.
- Home-delivery parcels and contract parcels sent by businesses (such as Economy 16 parcels) are not included in the service.
- Only 1st and 2nd class letters are forwarded abroad. Other items will be returned to the sender or handled as undeliverable items.
- After the fixed period, your mail will be automatically directed to your permanent address.
- Agree on the forwarding of a newspaper directly with the customer service of the newspaper.
- When you wish to interrupt the delivery advertisements for the duration of your holiday, attach a No Advertisements notification to your mail slot or mailbox.
When calculating the duration of a service, the start and end dates of the service are included in the validity of the service.
Example: The period selected for mail forwarding is July 7 - July 15, 2015 (Mon-Wed). Forwarding starts on Monday, July 6, and you will receive mail at your cottage, for instance, on Tuesday. Mail is still forwarded on the next Tuesday and delivered to the fixed-term address on Wednesday, July 15. However, the mail for Wednesday is no longer forwarded but it is delivered to the original address with Thursday's mail, and the service ends.
Order Fixed-term Mail forwarding
The most inexpensive way to order fixed-term mail forwarding is online.
Nearby Mailbox at a Summer Home
When you make an agreement on fixed-term mail forwarding, you can also agree on the Nearby Mailbox at a Summer Home service. In this service, we deliver mail to a mail slot, a mailbox or another location other than that specified in the delivery plan. Make the agreement in the web services or by calling our customer service. The Nearby Mailbox at a Summer Home service is subject to a charge.