By means of the item code, you can monitor the conveyance of your item in our transport network through the Internet. Item tracking is accurate, although it does not quite operate on a real-time basis. Registered data is transferred from fixed readers (in post offices and sorting centres) to the Item Tracking system without delay. The data transfer of portable readers (carried by drivers) has a delay of a few hours. The data recording of some items takes place afterwards, in which case the data might not be available until the next day.
Barcodes and item codes
All domestic parcels and some parcels from abroad are equipped with barcodes and item codes. Domestic item codes are registered at different handling stages, and the tracking system includes, at a minimum, details of when the item was received and delivered. For letters there are at least two tracking events: when the item arrives in the country or is received by the Post, and when it is delivered to the addressee. The extent of tracking of parcels sent abroad depends on the type of service that was selected (but all parcels are tracked in Finland).
Which Postal Items are Included in the Item Tracking System?
Item tracking applies to all Posti's parcel and letter services with an item code.
Incoming international items carrying an item code. Incoming international items can be tracked only if the sender has supplied the addressee with the item code information in advance.
It is possible to track the conveyance of outgoing international Exprès Letters to the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Insured letters can be tracked to Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland.
Registered letters can be tracked to Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
It is possible to track the conveyance of outgoing international Priority parcels to the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, UK and Northern Ireland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA and Venezuela.
For EMS Parcels, tracking is possible for approximately 95 per cent of outgoing items covering 60 countries with the highest rate of outgoing EMS items..
In accordance with the service commitment, delivery information will be available online at the latest:
- Express Letter: during the day of delivery.
- Other letters equipped with barcodes: next working day after the day of delivery.
- Parcel to your Doorstep: morning of the working day after the day of delivery.
- Postal Parcel: next working day after the day of delivery.
- Items from abroad: during the day of delivery.
Enter the item code (set of letters and numbers) found next to the barcode in the Item Code field, without spaces.
Click on Search.
The search results will tell you:
- What service was used.
- The additional services that were used are shown directly below the service information. Example: If the sender asked for delivery in the morning, this will be indicated as follows: Parcel to your Doorstep, Morning Delivery.
- Weight and volume, if available.
- Name of signatory, if the sender asked for it to be recorded.
- Information registered during transport.
Barcode and Item Code Data
The barcode is needed for tracking and registering the conveyance of items. The combination of letters and numbers next to the barcode – i.e. the item code – can be used to follow the progress of an item using the tracking system.
Items with barcodes are registered in the tracking system at least twice: when they are received for transport and when they are delivered to the recipient.
Other registration events include:
- Item received at destination post office
- Attempted delivery to the addressee
- Item returned to sender
- Item being sorted.
For more detailed information, contact Customer Services.
If you cannot find an item with the item code or if it appears to be the wrong item, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Typing error. Check the item code you entered – you can see it at the bottom of the results page. Make sure it is entered without spaces.
- The item has not yet been entered in the system.
- The item has not yet been handed in to Finland Post.
- The item was posted more than 2.5 months ago.
- There is a problem with the system or the item. If necessary, check with Customer Services.