A franking machine is an easy and cost-effective way to pay for daily mailings.
Buy or lease a machine
The acquisition of a machine
The acquisition of a machine
New franking machines are small and easy to use. Expense monitoring and pricing can be carried out conveniently. Learn more about the models and choose a suitable machine.
Service Portal credentials
If your company does not have Posti's Service Portal credentials yet, you can order them here. The credentials make the activation of the machine as well as monetary transactions easier and faster.
After you have bought or leased a machine, the device vendor notifies us. Immediately after that, we will send you the order confirmation and the activation notification.
- Pay the desired amount as the machine's operating assets through Posti's Service Portal or into our account in Nordea, Osuuspankki or DanskeBank. The account numbers and the reference number can be found in the activation notification or on the first page of the transaction breakdown.
- A payment made through the Service Portal will be transferred to the top-up system of the device supplier in 15 minutes, after which you can top up the operating assets of your machine. If you use a bank transfer instead of Service Portal, the payment will be transferred to the top-up system on the next business day.
- Once the operating assets you paid have been transferred to the top-up center, top up the payment to the franking machine. The balance can also be topped up in several installments. You can find out your balance with a zero top-up and in the newest franking machines with a balance query. In any problems related to the top-up, please turn to the importer or the top-up center. Neopost Finland; tel. +358 (0)9 2532 0200 and Pitney Bowes; tel. +358 (0)711 00 2100, +358 (0)9 6824 060
- We will provide you with a transaction and product monitoring breakdown once a month.
Using it is easy
Service Portal will make the franking machine routines easier and faster in many ways.
- You can pay operating assets to your franking machine quickly - the assets will be available within a couple of minutes from the top-up.
- You can make payments for several machines with a single bank transfer without a reference number.
- The detailed payment history and the VAT breakdown make bookkeeping easier.
- You can find all machine-related information (street addresses, balances, etc.) in one place, always up to date.
The franking machine can be used once the main user of your company has activated the user group 07. The credentials can only be ordered by a person who is authorized to sign for your company or who due to his/her position may sign agreements with Posti.
Other matters regarding franking machines
Payment of the operating assets
Account number (IBAN): FI40 8000 1600 0105 82
Account number (IBAN): FI08 2333 1800 0121 32
Account number (IBAN): FI71 5000 0120 2018 34
Under certain conditions, Posti refunds postmarking errors made with a franking machine.
The postmarking errors will be refunded if their value is EUR 20 or more and if they are less than 6 months old.
Note! Posti does not refund the following postmarking errors:
- stamps removed from envelopes and postcards
- stamps removed from parcel items and cases, unless enough of the package is left around the stamp
- stamps removed from sticker sheets
- mirror images of the stamps
- unclear or incomplete stamps
- postage reply mail stamps
- stamps on undeliverable items
- postmarking errors that cannot be verified
Fill out a postmarking error application. Pack the form and the incorrect postmarks in their entirety with their envelopes into one item, ensuring that the package does not fall apart during transport.
Mail the item to:
Franking machine services
00003 REPLY MAIL ITEM
Posti reserves the right to charge the fee defined in the price list for the refund of postmarking errors.
Approved postmarking errors are added to the operating assets of the franking machine, and the amount can then be transferred to the machine.
Underpaid items are treated as items with an insufficient transportation charge for the chosen service level or an insufficient transportation charge for the item to be delivered to its destination. The items are usually offered to the recipient with an additional charge composed of a fee for claiming the item and the missing transportation charge.
If you want to terminate the use of the machine
Notice of termination
Make the notice of termination in writing
- Your company's name, address and telephone number
- Contact person's e-mail address
- Customer number and the franking machine serial number (see the stamp on the franking machine)
- After the use, write down the following franking machine readings: käytetty (used) and jäljellä (remaining).
- Your company's account details and the date of termination.
Sign the notice of termination and return it as a reply mail item without postage fee to the following address:
Return the franking machine to the importer
- Sign the copy of the notice of termination.
- Deliver it with the machine to the importer.
- Attach the signed copy to the franking machine the use of which is being terminated.
- Deliver the franking machine to the importer or to the maintenance company authorized by the importer for termination. You are liable for transport and other expenses, if any, yourself.
We will refund the assets remaining in the franking machine to the bank account or transfer them to the operating assets of another franking machine of the customer. The postage fee price list specifies the minimum sum of refund to the bank account and the service fees.
If you do not wish to have the operating assets refunded, submit the notice of termination in writing to Posti. The notice of termination must clearly indicate that your company has no demands whatsoever with regard to any operating assets that may still remain in the franking machine. Ensure that the machine is appropriately recycled.